This policy will be updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page. This website was last updated on: 21st November 2016.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website to present timely, relevant information to them.
What Data We Gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Website usage information
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to services, surveys and offerings
How We Use This Data
We will treat all your confidential information with no less care than we treat our own.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about service offerings and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via, email, telephone or mail for market research reasons
Cookies and How We Use Them
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website
Cookies allow websites and application to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytical package. Aggregate usage data helps us to improve the
website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in
to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the 50% , a
different piece of content
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will
find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide
functionality you used previously
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than what you choose to share with us.
Controlling Information About You
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at Certification Management Ltd, Newport Business Park, Ellesmere Port, CH65 4LZ.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic safeguards. We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the CML Domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data and privacy policies fully.